viernes, 31 de agosto de 2007

FEN: An oasis in the desert.


The Faculty of Economy and Business (FEN) of the University of Chile is an amazing place. It's like an oasis in a great desert of poverty and decadence. When I visited that Faculty for the first time, I was inmediately impressed by the hall: a beautiful and clean hall with brilliant and white floor tiles, and hanging from the ceiling there was an electronic screen with information like the next classes and his classrooms. It was like an airport! Well, I really was strucked about things likes his library (very huge, and every book you ask is there), his computation room (big and with a lot of computers), even his gardens (with one the most greener grasses that I've never seen in my whole life)!

That visit was the last year, by the time of the governing election of the University. And there was a sign with Victor Perez's slogan: "Is your Faculty OK?" If I was a student of FEN for a day, maybe I would answer: "Of course it is!" (or maybe not, perhaps there are problems that I couldn't see: It can't be so perfect!). When I compare FEN with, for example, my Faculty (Social Sciences) and his decadence, I can't believe that this two places belong to the same institution. What's happening with this University?

No hay comentarios: